Workshop fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If the course is cancelled by Community Hypnosis Center, we will refund all fees paid but will not be liable for any additional or related costs incurred by students. Non-attendance of a course or workshop is considered as a cancellation with no notice and hence full course fees are due and no refund given.
Acceptance onto the course is at the discretion of Community Hypnosis Center.
Students are responsible for notifying us of any mental or physical health problems that might affect their ability to participate in the course. This course may not be suitable for people with a history of psychotic disorders or other psychiatric conditions.
1. McEwen BS. Seminars in medicine of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center: protective and damaging effects of stress mediators. N Engl J Med 1998;338:171-9.
2. Holbrook AM, Crowther R, Lotter A, Cheng C, King D. The diagnosis and management of insomnia in clinical practice: A practical evidence-based approach. Can Med Assoc J 2000;162:216-20.
3. Lane JD, Pieper CF, Phillips-Bute BG, Bryant JE, Kuhn CM. Caffeine affects cardiovascular and neuroendocrine activation at work and home. Psychosom Med 2002;64:595-603
4. Jacobs GD, Benson H, Freidman R. Home-based central nervous system assessment of a multifactor behavioral intervention for chronic sleep-onset insomnia. Behav Ther 1993;24:159-74.
5. Tate, AK, Petruzzello SJ. Varying the intensity of acute exercise: implications for changes in affect. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1995;35:295-302.
6. Gauvin L, Rejeski WJ, Norris JL. A naturalistic study of the impact of acute physical activity on feeling states and affect in women. Health Psychol 1996;15:391-7
7. King AC, Oman RF, Brassington GS, Bliwise DL, Haskell WL. Moderate-intensity exercise and self-rated quality of sleep in older adults: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 1997;277:32-7
8. Ekkekakis P, Hall EE, VanLanduyt LM, Petruzzello SJ. Walking in (affective) circles: can short walks enhance affect? J Behav Med 2000;23:245-75
9. Holbrook AM, Crowther R, Lotter A, Cheng C, King D. Meta-analysis of benzodiazepine use in the treatment of insomnia. Can Med Assoc J 2000;162:225-33
10. Morin CM, Colecchi C, Stone J, Sood R, Brink D. Behavioral and pharmacological therapies for late-life insomnia. a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 1999;281:991-9
11. Mendelson WB. A review of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of trazodone in insomnia. J Clin Psychiatry 2005;66:469-76
12. Jacobs GD, Benson H, Friedman R. Topographic EEG mapping of the relaxation response. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 1996;21:121-9
13. Lazar SW, Bush G, Gollub RL, Fricchione GL, Khalsa G, Benson H. Functional brain mapping of the relaxation response and meditation. Neuroreport 2000;11:1581-5
14. Benson H, Frankel FH, Apfel R, Daniels MD, Schniewind HE, Nemiah JC, Sifneos PE, Crassweller KD, Greenwood MM, Kotch JB, Arns PA, Rosner B. Treatment of anxiety: a comparison of the usefulness of self-hypnosis and a meditational relaxation technique. An overview. Psychother Psychosom 1978;30:229-42
15. Esch T, Fricchione GL, Stefano GB. The therapeutic use of the relaxation response in stress-related diseases. Med Sci Monit 2003;9:RA23-34
16. Peters RK, Benson H, Porter D. Daily relaxation response breaks in a working population. Effects on self-reported measures of health, performance, and well-being. Am J Public Health. 1977;67:946-53.
17. Jacobs GD, Rosenberg PA, Friedman R, Matheson J, Peavy GM, Domar AD, Benson H. Multifactor behavioral treatment of chronic sleep-onset insomnia using stimulus control and the relaxation response. A preliminary study. Behav Modif 1993;17:498-509
18. Raglin JS, Wilson M. State anxiety following 20 minutes of bicycle ergometer exercise at selected intensities. Int J Sports Med 1996;17:467-71
19. Eddy M, Walbroehl GS. Insomnia. Am Fam Physician 1999;59(7):1911-6.
20. Ahola K, Honkonen T, Virtanen M, Kivimaki M, Isometsä E, Aromaa A, Lönnqvist J. Interventions in relation to occupational burnout: the population-based health 2000 study. J Occup Environ Med 2007;49:943-52.
21. House JS, Robbins C, Metzner HL. The association of social relationships and activities with mortality: prospective evidence from the Tecumseh community health study. Am J Epidemiol 1982;116:123-140
22. Berkman LF, Glass TC. Social integration, social networks, social support, and health. In: Berkman LF, Kawachi I, editors. Social epidemiology. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000. p. 137-73
23. Sarason IG, Sarason BR, Shearin EN, Pierce GR. A brief measure of social support: practical and theoretical implications. J Soc Personal Relations 1987;4:497-510
24. Lutsey PL, Steffen LM, Stevens J. Dietary intake and the development of the metabolic syndrome: the atherosclerosis risk in communities study. Circulation 2008;117:754-761
25. Steptoe A, Lipsey Z, Wardle J. Stress, hassles and variations in alcohol consumption, food choice and physical exercise: A diary study. Br J Health Psychol 1998;3:51-63
26. Pyke SDM, Wood DA, Kinmonth AL, Thompson SG. Change in coronary risk and coronary risk factor levels in couples following lifestyle intervention. The British Family Heart Study. Arch Fam Med 1997;6:354-60
27. Ganley RM. Emotion and eating in obesity. A review of the literature. Int J Eat Disord 1989;8:343-361
28. Thayer RE. Energy, tiredness, and tension effects of a sugar snack versus moderate exercise. J Pers Soc Psychol 1987;52:119-25
29. Jacobs GD, Benson H, Friedman R. Perceived benefits in a behavioral-medicine insomnia program: a clinical report. Am J Med 1996;100(2):212-6
30. Frank E, Rothenberg R, Lewis C, Belodoff BF. Correlates of physicians’ prevention-related practices findings from the women physicians’ health study. Arch Fam Med 2000;9:359-67
31. Holt-Lunstad J, Smith TB, Layton JB. Social relationships and mortality risk: a meta-analytic review. PLoS Medicine. July 2010;7(7):e1000316.
32. Christakis NA, Fowler JH. The spread of obesity in a large social network over 32 years. N Engl J Med. July 26, 2007;357(4):370-79.
33. Limm H, Gündel H, Heinmüller M, Marten-Mittag B, Nater UM, Siegrist J, Angerer P. Stress management interventions in the workplace improve stress reactivity: a randomized controlled trial. Occup Environ Med 2011;68:126-33.
34. Gulliksson M, Burell G, Vessby B, Lundin L, Toss H, Svärdsudd K. Randomized controlled trial of cognitive behavioral therapy vs standard treatment to prevent recurrent cardiovascular events in patients with coronary heart disease. Arch Intern Med. January 24, 2011;171(2):134-40
35. Alert MD, Rastegara S, Foreta M, Slipp L, Jacquarta J, Macklina E, Baima M, Fricchionea G, Benson H, Denningera J, Yeung A. The effectiveness of a comprehensive mind bodyweight loss intervention for overweight and obese adults: A pilot study Complementary Therapies in Medicine. (2013) 21, 286—293.